Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another day at the temple

Yesterday I went to my friend Stephanie's wedding at the Billings Temple.   It was a very sweet ceremony.  She and her husband, Rick, knelt across an altar from each other while the officiator read the vows to which they each had to reply, "yes".   But Stephanie could barely say the word yes because she was so happy and she immediately started to cry.   It made me cry to see them so happy. 
Afterwards she had also had an outdoor ring ceremony, with bridesmaids and flower girls and a normal wedding processional down the aisle.   That was also lovely.

Here is a picture of a "sealing room", where marriages take place.   This one isn't the room in the Billings Temple, but it looks almost exactly like this, except without the window:

 

My experience at the wedding in the temple was much more peaceful than my first trip through the endowment session in the temple.    

But one of my friends want to go through the temple again with me next week, so I will probably do that.

A picture of Stephanie with her husband outside the temple:

No comments:

Post a Comment