Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Returning

It has been a very long time since I posted to this blog.  I have had a lot of settling into life to do over this past year since graduating last May.  Finally I feel like my life is starting to stabilize and I can begin to think about my own music again.

I came across this a capella artist on Youtube the other day and really enjoyed his music. This rendition of "I Need Thee Every Hour" was moving to me:

I love the scripture from Mosiah in the Book of Mormon (chapter 4 verse 19) where he is talking about giving of our substance to the poor:  "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God for all the substance which we have...?"  

I know I need my God and my Savior every moment.  It is such a comfort and a strength to me to know I can always pray to them whenever I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment