Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Monday, February 28, 2011

This gentle God who leads me
Tenderly along
Who gives me every reason
To live, to breathe, to work,
To give my voice in song -
I have seen
So many blessings
I have heard so many
Truths,
I have walked in lighted paths;
I rest my head
'Neath shelt'ring roofs.
I am free
For He is with me
I have strength,
For He is strong
I have comfort all about me
Though the road be hard and long,
I am safe for He is near me
I can dare for He is great,
I have faith for he has healed me,
and he makes my pathways straight.
When I search for Him, he reaches
When I seek, I surely find
When I look, he sees and touches
In my heart and in my mind
When I need, he gives me comfort
When I yearn, he calms my heart
And each day of life that passes
I see ever more a part
of his great wisdom,
And His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment