Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Look down on me with love

A poem from 2009:

Lord I am struggling
I cannot sleep
Help me Father
Help me
I am afraid
I am weak
I am never enough

I am never good enough.

Help me, Father
I am struggling
I am dying inside
And I want free
Free from this aching,
Free from this shaking,
This fear.

Lord,
God above
Look down on me with love
Comfort thy daughter
Who reaches
But falls short

Lord,
Father Dear,
Wait not to draw me near
To let me feel Thy presence
Lord,
My God above
Look down on me with love.

God,
In my need
I have reached toward Thee
And Thou hast touched me.
Oh God,
In my need,
I have sought Thy word,
And it did comfort me.

God,
All that I have is Thine
And all I work to grow
Is not really mine
But I do love it as my own.

And so, God,
Thou canst hold me
In Thy hand
And this is how I ever shall stand
Supported by Thee -
Lord, Help me
To not always be afraid
Take my heart
And make it brave
Take my mind
and help me know the way,
And hold me near Thy heart today.

Help me Lord,
Know what to pray
My soul yearns for
The words I cannot say.

Father in Heaven,
God above,
Look down on me
With love.

Give me strength that I may bear
Whatever I may need to bear
Oh my God,
Help me not to fear,
And please Lord,
Hasten to come near
Save my soul,
I pray.

Oh my Father,
God above,
Look down on me
With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment