Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Sunday, January 13, 2013

When toward bitter winds

When toward bitter winds I face,
I try to hold my ground,
To keep my place
I try to keep my head up high,
Not turn away,
And not to cry

To never show that I feel so
Displaced.

It isn't easy when
Everything is falling on you, and from you,
Again, and again.
It isn't easy when
The wind is biting, and piercing
And your eyes are fighting
To stay open
And even when they close they feel
So cold and dry.
But still I fight because
I want to win this race.
I want to say I tried
With all my might,
With all my strength.
I want never to give in,
I want to take the prize,
I want to win this race.



No comments:

Post a Comment