Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Sunday, November 14, 2010

How Does the Light, (parts I and II)

I.

How does the light
Get through to me?
Can it penetrate me?
How does it come into me
And shine from me?
Can it emanate from me?

I want this light Divine
It shines so gently
And so warmly
Into mine
Sometimes
It burns within me.

What peace I find
As God refines
My deepest feelings.



II.

How does the light
Come to me
And shine through me
It will emanate from me
Eventually.

Shine and glow,
Burn and warm and shine
Inside and out

A smile, warm, and bright
And kind
And eyes
That shine and gleam
And goodness
All throughout
And hands that seem
So gentle, graceful, touching
Gently
To comfort, to caress, with
Utmost tenderness

This place I've seen
So white and clean
And glowing
Soft and warm
Inside my heart

Happy and content
I see your eyes
I hear your voice
Your sweet, clear voice
And touch your face
I can't describe
The feeling.
So soft
And smooth
And radiating
...Burning
But without
Consuming.

Such a power,
Such a gentle power
Enveloping
Everything around
And to what extent -
To Endlessness,
But small enough
To hold me.

September 16, 2003 (part 1), December 20, 2004 (part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment