Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Earlier this year I was feeling very nervous and afraid at the thought of starting at the conservatory.   This poem is from then.

You are afraid,
But you need not fear
The God whom you love
Is very near
And helping you
To grow in ways
You need to grow
In ways that you
Don't even know
His purposes will soon unfold
And you will see
How He
Has held you in his hand
Every moment -
You have never stood
Alone.


September 2010

And here is its counterpart from a little later.

The Lord hath heard my prayers
And he shall
Make me whole
The Lord has seen
My heart
And He hath saved my soul.

He heareth me, he taketh me
He maketh me His own
Day by day,
Month by month
Year by year -
I have never stood
Alone.

October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment