Thoughts, poetry, music, events, and reflections from the spiritual side of life and music by Jacquelyn Weitz.




"The Lord is My Light" Psalm 27:1

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

To a Father

Tonight
I whisper a little prayer
To a Father, on my knees
To the God I cannot see
But who I feel is there

I know I am free, that
It is up to me to choose
Where I want to go
What I want to do
But I need
A little guidance now and then
A little push in the right direction...

And so I say a little prayer...
Asking Him to lead me
Once again.
I need Him now, as ever
I need to know things now
I didn't use to need
I need to be someone now
I didn't use to need to be.

And so tonight
I whisper a little prayer
To a Father, I've learned is there
And ask him, on my knees
To please lead me,
Where e'er his wisdom sees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment